Maselspoort Holiday Resort near Bloemfontein
Maselspoort on the banks of the Modder river is only 23km from Bloemfontein and 13km from Bram Fischer international airport. This is the perfect distance for both a day trip and a weekend getaway.
The area is known as the “Transgariep”. The holiday resort provides an attractive oasis in an otherwise dry region with plenty of water that allows for fishing and water fun.
Activities at the Maselspoort Resort
Maselspoort Resort is suitable for the whole family with a variety of activities to keep every age group entertained. Activities include:
- Swimming pool – The swimming pools are great for teens and adults to cool down in during the summer months. The swimming pools are cold water and are closed during the winter months.
- Kiddies pool – Shallow water pools for children and toddlers to play in. Never leave children unattended, you need to supervise your children at all times.
- Two Super Tubes – a thrilling experience for older children and the young at heart. There are two super tubes available for use and super tube mats can be purchased at the Mossie’s Cafe.
- Picnic and Braai area’s – with plenty of grass for Frisbee, a game of catch or sunbathing with a book.
- Masie’s Cafe – where you can buy treats, refreshments, and super tube mats. You need to bring your own main meals as these are not provided at Masie’s Cafe.
- Trampoline – Release your children’s energy before going home.
- Mini Golf – a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy together.
- 4×4 terain area
- Boat trips on a barge – known as the “Modder Rivier Express”. Light meals and drinks are served during a cruise along the Modder River.
- On premises transportation in the form of a horse drawn carriage or golf cart.
- Game viewing drives if you arrange with management in advance.
- Fishing – the Modder River contains yellowfish, catfish and Carp
Accomodation at the Maselspoort Holiday Resort
If you plan to stay over at the Maselspoort Holiday Resort, you have a variety of options:
- 2, 4 and 5 sleeper chalets and cottages
- 2 sleeper thatch rondavels (each with a private braai area)
- Caravan stands – power points and ablution facilities are available.
Maselspoort Conferencing Facilities
There are riverside conferencing facilities available at the resort. The conferencing facilities offer an all you can eat lunchtime buffet and a cash bar.
Entrance: Tickets available at entrance
Pets: No pets allowed
Other: No motorized water crafts on premises.
While sunscreen products may be available at the kiosks, it is always a good idea to bring some along with you.
Super tube closed Mondays
Pool & Super tube facilities open season is from 1 September to 30 April.
Fish in the Modder River
Yellowfish, Catfish and Carp